The city of Brenham in February issued 24 building permits totaling $900,846 for new construction, renovations and additions.
February brought the year-to-date totals to 123 permits and $7,962,957.
Through February last year, the city had issued 52 permits totaling $3,188,949.
The largest single permit last month ($308,604) was issued for a new home in the 1800 block of Lauraine Street.
New homes was the largest single category during February, with six permits totaling $604,604 issued.
For the year, 14 permits ($1,321,744) have been issued for new homes.
Other permits in February were:
• Residential renovations — Five permits, $71,100.
• Residential additions — Two permits, $44,000.
• Multi-family building renovations — One permit, $60,000.
• New commercial buildings — One permit, $5,000.
• Commercial renovations — Five permits, $92,642.
• Commercial additions — One permit, $15,000.
One demolition permit was also issued last month, for the city of Brenham’s old animal shelter on Old Chappell Hill Road.
Source: Brenham Banner-Press